The beSPACE core team is looking for fresh blood!
Here is what we offer:
- Valuable experience that you can add to your CV
- The opportunity to meet lots of people from the space industry, academia and related institutions
We ask the following of you:
- Your motivation and some of your free time to organise high-profile events and to attend a few in-person meetings
- Your contribution when brainstorming about future event ideas and about beSPACE in general
Do you like what you just read? Then you are our man or woman! Just send an email to email@example.com if you are interested. We will take it from there 🙂
The 4th Space Dinner was once again a huge success, thanks to you, beSPACE members! Of course we would also like to thank our speakers, Marco Ferrazzani, Michel Melotte and Frederik De Wilde, as well as our sponsors, Thales Alenia Space Belgium, Antwerp Space, BELSPO and the Planetarium. We hope to see you all again next year!
The presentations from M. Ferrazzani and M. Melotte can be found below:
– Marco Ferrazzani – Moon Village: from vision to reality
– Michel Melotte – Space ionising radiations at Moon level
The photos from the Dinner:
The time has once again come for our annual flagship event: the Space Dinner! For the fourth time we invite you for a bite, a drink and inspiring presentations by influential speakers. It is the perfect opportunity to talk and network with like-minded people in a relaxed atmosphere!
In light of the recent announcement from ESA’s Director General, the theme of the 4th Space Dinner is the “Moon village”. In short, this village would be a lunar base, 3D printed from local materials and inhabited by astronauts for months at a time. Apart from acting as a research centre, it could also provide a springboard for future missions to Mars.
The following speakers will each provide their own point of view on this ambitious project:
- Dr Marco Ferrazani, ESA Legal Counsel and Head of the Legal Department
- Michel Melotte, radiation expert at Thales Alenia Space Belgium
- Frederik De Wilde, multi- and transdisciplinary artist
Also included in the Space Dinner is a planetarium show and of course a free reception to top it all off.
- 18h45: doors open
- 19h00: presentations
- Dr Marco Ferrazani
- Michel Melotte
- Frederik De Wilde
- 20h00: planetarium show
- 20h30: reception
- 22h30: end
- Date & time: Friday March 11, 2016, 18h45 to 22h30
- Place to be: Planetarium of the Royal Observatory of Belgium, Boechoutlaan 10 Avenue de Bouchout, 1020 Brussels
- Free registration: http://goo.gl/forms/8Na1s8mu2p
The presentations from the speakers of the first beSPACE session on Belgian cubesats can be found below: